View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 30, 2004, 11:30am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by TerpZebra

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
The officials use the WNBA as a stepping stone to get to the NBA.
Obviously you do not know women's officiating or any WNBA referees. Do not assume that all officials would rather referee the NBA over WNBA.

I think you need to read the entire argument. Because the WNBA is used as a stepping stone by the NBA Officiating Program. Whether you realize it or not. The same goes for the NDBL and CBA and the many other Leagues you do not hear about that play pro ball. Of course most WNBA Officials do not want to be in the NBA and realistically, that is not going to happen anyway. There is only one Women in the NBA currently. But it is not a secret that have used WNBA Officials and moved them to the NBA. And why not, they make more money, the league is more secure and the NBA has more notoriety.

Quote:
Originally posted by TerpZebra
The referees in the WNBA are just as qualified as the NBA ones.
I know that the D1 Women's officials do not have the same amount of experience as the D1 Men's Officials to accomplish the very same levels.

For the record, I know D1 Men's and D1 Women's officials right in my back yard. The fact is that the Men's officials have more years of experience to to the same place as their Women Official counterparts. The fact is that the WNBA is an option for the D1 Women's side. The NBA is not a realistic option for the Men's Officials. They either have to give up college ball and get into the NBA Program to be considered for the NBA. I understand you are sensitive to these issue, but please do not go there with me about what I know about how people get to the NBA or WNBA. I am not at all an expert, but I know the route that officials have taken to get to those levels. You do not have to know anyone to see that. But in my case, I do know many D1 current and past College Officials. And they talk about these very things all the time.

Peace