View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 28, 2004, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Gee,
Reading comprehension skills are a wonderful thing. 7.08 States that "Any RUNNER is out when-- (b)He intentionally interferes with a thrown ball; or HINDERS A FIELDER attempting to make a play on a BATTED BALL. The rule is talking abouta runner hindering a FIELDER on a batted ball. Not about a ball hitting a runner.

7.08 states "Any RUNNER is out when-- (f)He is touched by a fair ball in fair territory before the ball has touched or passed an infielder...." It goes on to note the exception for being touched by an infield fly while standing on base.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gee
Try reading OBR 7.08: "A batter is out when (b) He intentionally interferes with a thrown ball; or hinders a fielder attempting to make a play on a batted ball..........If, however, the runner has contact with a legally occupied base when he hinders the fielder, he shall not be called out unless, in the umpire's judgment, such hindrance, whether it occurs on fair or foul territory, is intentional."

What more can I say. G.

[Edited by Gee on Jun 28th, 2004 at 02:30 PM]
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates