Thread: Schedule Book
View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 25, 2004, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.

3) My wife helped me develope an Excel spreadsheet that is nothing more that a Schedule C in spreadsheet form. The lines of the Schedule C go from left to right and the days of the year go from top to bottom. On January 01st, I just push a button and every line for the previous year is summed up and I transfer the numbers to the appropriate line on the Schedule C.

My wife and I received the last of our W2's on Saturday, Jan. 31st. During the the Super Bowl's (February 01st) halftime show (we missed the Janet Jackson show) my wife and I used the H&R Block online software to file both our Ohio and US income tax returns. We received our state refund on Fri., Feb. 06th, and our US refund on Fri., Feb. 13th, both via direct deposit. It was the easiest and fastest we had ever had our taxes done.
I keep a paper record of my schedule/fees/mileage/expenses and by far THE most painful part of my year is typing game fee & mileage information into the turbo tax schedule C form. Creating an excel spreadsheet to automate the process is something I put on the top of my to-do list every September and every March it's made it's way to the bottom. Mark, I would be happy to email you a diet coke (or the bev of your choice) if you would share this excel spreadsheet with me....I'll even throw-in a nice decorative gnome you can keep on the rear dash of the Denucci-mobile