Thread: Schedule Book
View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 24, 2004, 07:44pm
Administrator

I keep my schedule in three places:

1) Microsoft Outlook Calendar. I also use this as an officiating diary. Among the things that I keep in the notes of each entry are: teams, partners, game fee, meals, motels, mileage (including the acutal odometer readings), anything unusual that happened in the game (ejections and such), laundry, uniform and equipment purchases, telephone calls, etc.

2) Sharp YO-520 Electronic Organizer. I carry this with me everywhere. I can exchange information between it and the Outlook Calendar. I keep this up to date so that when I am asked if I am open or closed on a certain date I can give a definite answer immediately.

3) My wife helped me develope an Excel spreadsheet that is nothing more that a Schedule C in spreadsheet form. The lines of the Schedule C go from left to right and the days of the year go from top to bottom. On January 01st, I just push a button and every line for the previous year is summed up and I transfer the numbers to the appropriate line on the Schedule C.

My wife and I received the last of our W2's on Saturday, Jan. 31st. During the the Super Bowl's (February 01st) halftime show (we missed the Janet Jackson show) my wife and I used the H&R Block online software to file both our Ohio and US income tax returns. We received our state refund on Fri., Feb. 06th, and our US refund on Fri., Feb. 13th, both via direct deposit. It was the easiest and fastest we had ever had our taxes done.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio