View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 23, 2004, 11:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kellerumps
Gotta be honest here.......Whoever gets us a contract first, will retain our services(At all levels!!!!). In this case, our state association has been VERY VERY good to us, however, in the end we book ourselves on a first come first serve basis.

We don't hide or deny that fact. Sometimes it works out better, other times it's worse...In the end everything is evened out though. However, it is ALWAYS better to honor your contracts.

Hopefully we will see you this weekend...BTW...We received our check today. Will call you later.
While we are being honest, the State Championship Play should come first. As the UIC, I support the people who support the local associations. I know that is not the most popular way of doing things, but it gets me how people tend to forget their roots.

We recruit umpires and train them through clinics, schools and meetings AT NO MAJOR COST TO THE INDIVIDUAL, but when you need help providing the umpires the teams deserve for championship play, some of your better umpires have sold themselves to the highest bidder.

And what gets me even more is when I hear from these people about how the local association will never send them away as they should go because they have worked this tournament or that team. Sorry, but all things being equal, loyalty gets rewarded.

And before all you folks who don't read every word of a post, please note I just typed the term "all thing being equal", which for those educationally challenged means that all other points of competing umpires being the same, the one who helps the local ASA association is the one who will have their name submitted for Nationals before that individual who shows no concern for the needs of the assn.

It does NOT mean that I will send a lesser qualified umpire away just to spite someone.