View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 02, 2001, 01:49pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink Re: But you have a rule.

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef

I'm not missing the point, JR and I don't disagree with anything that you said. The fact of the matter is that in the original post and the post that Bradley Batt made above, the comments were directed at an official. If a player whispers a quiet @#$%& after he makes a bad play, then I'll whisper a little warning in his ear. But if he tells me, "Thats a f**ked up call, I can't believe this b*llsh*t!", he's gone. I have no choice but probably would make the same decision if I did.

It's not a matter of whether we like to give T's or not. It's the state policy. Perhaps it's the difference in living in the Southeast versus the Mid West or Pacific North West. Until this post surfaced, I didn't realize officials in other parts of the country put up such.

That's unfortunate. [/B]

I completely understand TH. You have a state policy in place that mandates you to do certain things. There is nothing wrong with that, but in my area and others, there is no such "specific" policy. In 10-3-8b, you are right that certain language or behaviors can and should be T'd. But I really do not think anyone is objecting to that. It is just who is saying what to whom. I had a game were I fouled out a kid, and as I was reporting the kid passed me and said "I did not f**king touch him." Well I immediately gave him a T, and I was the only one that could have heard him. The coach wanted and explaination, and I gave it to him and we had no further problems. But even if he was not fouling out of the game, all that I would have done is give the kid a T, that is it. I would not consider the action flagrant unless that kid threatend me directly or tried to intimidate me in some way. Neither happen and a just giving him a T was enough. But if NC has different rules, you have to adhere to their rules and if I lived there, I would do the same. But in this area, the kid would have to be directing his/her comments toward me or an opponent in a certain way for me to just eject them.