View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 02, 2001, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Re: This is an area thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I think you have missed the point TH. If a player says to an official "That was a horrible f**king call," that comment is directed towards you, not himself. But if you hear a player say "F**K" after he missed a big shot, and you are the only one that hears him, that is totally different. Now, as they get older, the more you are going to hear language, whether you like it or not. We can give T's all day, but that is not going to stop every kid from cursing.
I'm not missing the point, JR and I don't disagree with anything that you said. The fact of the matter is that in the original post and the post that Bradley Batt made above, the comments were directed at an official. If a player whispers a quiet @#$%& after he makes a bad play, then I'll whisper a little warning in his ear. But if he tells me, "Thats a f**ked up call, I can't believe this b*llsh*t!", he's gone. I have no choice but probably would make the same decision if I did.

Quote:
So if you guys in NC like to give T's for that, of course that is your perogative and your right. But the rulebook does not support that completely.
It's not a matter of whether we like to give T's or not. It's the state policy. Perhaps it's the difference in living in the Southeast versus the Mid West or Pacific North West. Until this post surfaced, I didn't realize officials in other parts of the country put up such.

That's unfortunate.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith