View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 02, 2001, 01:07am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Re: Ejection

Quote:
Originally posted by DanIvey
THAT'S CONSISTENT WITH WHAT MOST OFFICIALS DO.
If you want to be inconsistent with the officiating community fine, again, please don't belittle us officials who whack em' for the profanity and move on.
First, Dan, get the chip off your shoulder. I didn't "belittle" anyone and I don't remember replying to anything that you've previously posted in this thread. So I don't know how I could have belittled you. I simply agreed with bluezebra. Second, if that's how it's handled in your area, then fine. But I've personally never worked in an area where that type of language is tolerated. Third, your "doing an injustice to all" speech is beside the point.

Quote:
Sidenote: were you speaking for all the officails in NC when you stated, "in NC, he's gone and he's sitting in street clothes for the next two games."?
Yes, I speak for all officials in NC. The NCHSAA policy on ejections for all sports requires players to be ejected and suspended one week for profanity, fighting, taunting/baiting, obscene gestures, and contacting an official. One week would result in a 2 game suspension in basketball, since two games are normally played in one week. During this past season, 3 JV officials in our association did not eject two girls involved in a small fight. Since they did not take care of business. they were all three suspended for two games.

Perhaps you have a better idea of where I'm coming from now. To me the "F" word directed at another player, coach, fan or official or audible to fans would always result in an ejection.

We have players walking around, telling officials "That was a horrible f**king call" yet we can't understand why we have so much poor sportsmanship in the game today. That's what's horrible.

[Edited by BktBallRef on Mar 2nd, 2001 at 12:12 AM]

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith