Thread: LL Coaches
View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 18, 2004, 07:17am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to wobster
Well, I admitted I was wrong on the second. I wasn't sure how far the fielder was protected. He turned around and ran into the runner while reaching for the ball that was still under his legs. I was wrong on that. He was wrong for delaying the game and trying to tell me that the kid got home....we split on that one. There was an earlier thread where I asked for advise on that.

The other one, unless I am seriously mistaken, I am right. The runner takes a step behind the fielder who is in the act of recieving the ball, and it goes between his legs. It then touches runner. Unless I am SERIOUSLY mistaken, I believe the rule book states the runner is out if it touches him before passing a fielder other than the pitcher, otherwise, no out. I don't have a book with me for rule reference. I called no out, OFFENSIVE coach says he should be out because ball hit him. I edited my above post to show that I called no out, and he argued that his own player should be out.

We have had 4 different umpires work for this coach and they have all told me he doesn't know the rules, as did one of his assistant coaches.

I am humble, I have never said that I am better than anyone else, or their skill is not equal to mine. I was simply stating that LL coaches in my area do not know the rules.

[Edited by wobster on Jun 18th, 2004 at 08:23 AM]