Official Forum Member

Ejection

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by bluezebra
Why was that player not ejected?

Bob
My question exactly! In NC, he's gone and he's sitting on the bench in street clothes for the next two games.
Here we go again...didn't we just have this "ejection for using the "F" word" discussion a week or so ago?

BskBalRef...you are very articulate, and always seem to make good arguments. But, that dosen't always make you right. I believe, as other officials stated, that a person officiates in his/her own style. If it's your style to eject a player for using profanity then do it! Just don't get down on me for not ejecting the player. (In all the years of playing, coaching and officiating...I have never heard of a player being ejected for profanity.)

I know, here comes your opinion that using the "F" word is Vulgar etc. etc. Well, a black man may suggest that the "N" word is just as vulgar and offensive. A gay man might suggest that the other "F" (F*G) word is vulgar and offensive. A woman might suggest that the "B" (B***H) word is vulgar and offensive. We could go on and on. Do you have a list of words that will get a player an automatic ejection? If so, why not add a few more...I'm sure certain people would think certain words are more vulgar and offensive than your "F" word. i.e. a player that has no known daddy might think being called a "bas***d" is worse than being called a "F***er"! Do you eject for the use of that "B" word...if not, you are doing an injustice to all the illegitimate kids of the world.

Do you get my drift...they are all BAD!! They are all VULGAR! They are all OFFENSIVE!

In my opinion, an official should not pick and choose the words he thinks is worse. WHACK EM for any profanity...the other team shoots two...gets the ball back...a foul goes toward the players total foul count...The player is usually pulled from the game...GOOD ENOUGH!!

THAT'S CONSISTENT WITH WHAT MOST OFFICIALS DO.
If you want to be inconsistent with the officiating community fine, again, please don't belittle us officials who whack em' for the profanity and move on.

Sidenote: were you speaking for all the officails in NC when you stated, "in NC, he's gone and he's sitting in street clothes for the next two games."?