View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 15, 2004, 09:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by Kelvin green
I think we actually start out near the trail ( more like a C) for the first shot and then step down for second...
Kelvin,
During a technical foul, I am only slightly focused on the shooter, while being attentive to the other 9 players and the table.I'll be standing somewhere near the top of the circle, 1/2-way to the sideline.
Coupled with the fact that a pretty fine player is shooting and that the lane is empty with no rebound expected, I have plenty of confidence that my partner can see the foot of the shooter.
After the second shot, I will be moving toward the division line, or toward the point of foul on an intentional. I rarely find myself stepping down in this situation, although maybe I should be doing that as in a normal shot.
...But, then again, there will be no rebounding action....
mick

mick

[Edited by mick on Jun 15th, 2004 at 10:54 AM]
Mick,
I agree with this and this is what I do. Earlier I was commenting on a situation where my partner is talking to the coach for too long, not the same as a case where he is at the table getting or giving vital information.
As you know, a coach will continue to complain or negotiate as long as you let him. I firmly believe that the time it takes to shoot the 2 FTs is long enough; after that we should get the game going again.