Thread: illegal pitches
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 15, 2004, 02:53am
Official Forum Member

Smile

I have a couple of questions about illegal pitches and would like to hear some of your opinions on the subject. How much do you let a pitcher get by with crow hopping before saying something or calling an illegal pitch? And do you usually call it when you see it or wait for a coach to say something about it? I coach a 12 and under team and have seen a lot of games this year in that age group up to 16 and under. It seems like alot of the pitchers around here in all age groups crow hop when the pitch and most of the time it seems pretty obvious, but nothing is usually called. Most of the times in our games if we say something about it, the umpires will let it go on for the rest of the inning and then say something between innings, which corrects the problem sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time when the pitchers change and start pitching correctly, there is a major difference in the pitches (speed and accuracy). I was just wanting to get some different points of view on the subject. Thanks

Greg