View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 10, 2004, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by w_sohl
Not pointing any fingers at anyone here because I don't think anyone here is blowing this out of proportion, but how is this any different than the interview the other day on ESPN witha black football coach saying that, "we need more black head football coaches in college ball."? The only difference is it is a black man making the comment, that is why noone says anything.
sohl -- I don't know about others, but I didn't say anything because I don't care. I don't care what that person's opinion is, I don't care whether there are more or less black football coaches. The only reason I dind't say I didn't care about that one, was because no one asked. JR asked. I commented that I don't care.

I do agree that we need more reasonable people to express their opinions. Mostly, the only opinions we hear are offensive, and so when we want to speak we don't want to sound like Savage or Limbaugh or whoever else is expressing racism on the airwaves. More thoughtful, considered expressions should be more widely circulated so that it can be seen how to do the thinking process. That way those of us in the mushy middle wouldn't have to feel guilty about noticing realities.