View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 10, 2004, 10:39am
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Not pointing any fingers at anyone here because I don't think anyone here is blowing this out of proportion, but how is this any different than the interview the other day on ESPN witha black football coach saying that, "we need more black head football coaches in college ball."? The only difference is it is a black man making the comment, that is why noone says anything. People are always afraid to say anything because they don't want to offend anyone. Guess what no matter what you say you will offends someone. There will always be someone that doesn't like what you say. Back to the coach and college football. Personally I would like to think that if a black coach is qualified for the job and they were the best interview that they would get the job. Now we all know that in some cases this doesn't happen, but I would like to think that more time than not it does. Reminds me of the Detroit Lion when they hired Marriuchi (sp?). They knew they wanted him, they knew he wantted to be there. They tried to follow NFL rules by interviewing "minority" canididates, but those candidates knew they had no chance so they turned down the interview. Detroit still gets fines for not interviewing minority candidates. Why were they punished for going out and getting what they wanted, why were they penalized when it was mutual to not waste each others time? If the white guy can play and he is the best on the team he will be a superstar, but Larry is right, this is a black mans game and black athletes are more time than not superior to their white counterparts. It is a fact not an opinion. Look at all of the record books, especially T&F.

My two cents, maybe only worth a penny!