View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 10, 2004, 01:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Especially if you get out fast!!
Now might be a good time to discuss different philosophys of exiting a game...H.S. Varsity games that is.

Some officials like to sprint to the locker room, as fast as they can, a few not even looking to see where their partner is...just sprinting!

Some officials like to loligag(sp) around, getting the ball, taking it to the bench, walking off the court like a stroll in the park.

I like somewhere in between the above two examples...take a quick peek at the scorer's table as you are checking with your partner's location...and then JOG, not sprint, with your partner off the court.

IMO, sprinting gives the impression you are running away scared. I know we like to get out of there, because the longer we hang around something ugly can happen that we might have to deal with (that's why I don't condone casually walking off either)...but sprinting just dosen't look good, IMO.

If you are working with an official that does either of the two extremes...mention your exit strategy in pregame...and come up with something that works for both of you.

Richland, WA