View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 09, 2004, 07:53pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
[B
I think that's what is meant. There are some that you just have to go get....rare but sometimes necessary. B1 hits A1 in the face and there's blood spraying from the nose. You saw the contact and give you partner a chance to call it. He doesn't. You have to jump on it. It's not about his/her area. It's about doing the right thing for the kids.

This one is pretty extreme but there are several more that I could think of. [/B]
If it is a non-basketball play then go get it. Other than that, no we shouldn't and no there aren't many other situations. Your partner is getting paid too so he/she should do their job. I'm sure some will disagree with this but I think planning for no calls out of my area and adjusting to a few is far better than planning on a few and making many. Discipline, discipline, discipline. Crew concept, primary, ref the defense, focus.

Like someone else mentioned the tough calls are the calls against the home team. Anybody can call against the visitors. A crucial call at the end of the game is the most fun.