View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 08, 2004, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

yes, you did the right thing ... we can't be giving in on these things or else we might as well give up

if you would have called it against the opposition, this same guy would have met you at the end of the game, shook your hand and given you the old "great game blue !!!"

i called one at my 1st game this past sunday am at a tournament (so we actually had a batter's box drawn, which is rare)

i had already spoken to one coach of each team and warned them ... of course, they didn't seem to know the rules, but i'm getting used to that

anyway, the crowd was not amused and the batter thought i was nuts or joking, she even set up for the next pitch even though i had called her out

the one assistant coach thought i was nuts .... after the inning, he came over to question me .... so, i told him "coach, i warned your partner about this a couple innings ago"

he went back and asked his partner why he didn't tell him ... they just kind of stared at each other in stunned silence ... that was that ... oh boy