Thread: error?
View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 04:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
There are a number of ways to score it, but E6 and then some variation of a note that credits a putout to the first baseman unassisted and makes reference to how the out occured. For my advanced scorers, such as myself, who like to keep a detailed record of the game, a scratch sheet of paper or even a place on the scorebook/card to make additional notes would be a place to write something to the effect of E6 R1 (usually noted by jersey # of R1) UAPO3 on overrun of 1b (UAPO3=Unassited put out firstbaseman). You can of course get even more detailed, but for the official scorer he must credit an Error because the runner was allowed to advance a base past where he would have had the error not been commited and a Putout to the firstbaseman to account for the out (all outs come via a putout, even the "weird" calls of baseball such as the interferences and intentionally dropped balls). The only other option which I haven't mentioned is that if it was really close score a hit and then the 6-3 is a possible way to score this play, but not likely to get alot of votes.