View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ecurebel
i did coach pitch and tball games for a dixie youth place last year, and they had one umpire for anything under eight and what not...so thats coach pitch and tball. they paid thirty dollars a game.

there is no real need for two umpires in a game like this. all you really need is one umpire for this age group because the two umpire system will confuse the coachs, and gather more arguements about the calls. one umpire should be able to adequately accertain any situation that may come about as long as they know the rules.

i am now calling little league players,babe ruth, and fed. Our minor leagues in little league use one umpire/plate guy. he has full charge over the field and if he carries himself in a respectable manor and shows some authority over the game and its participants there is no problem. if your umpires don't know that they have the backing of your program they will be unsure and not wanting to deal with the coachs, fans, or players. there are not many problems in that age group and as long as the guy is somewhat consistant with balls and strikes and husstles there should be no calls that they can not make