View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 02, 2004, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kelvin green
Quote:
This is good game management just like knowing how many time outs a team has left. How many team fouls each tem has, who has the arrow, who has delay warnings and for what. Without knowing this you will call in a vaccuum and most of the time this turns out ok, but there will be the close ones every now and then that with out knowing whats going on out there the mistakes will be made that viewed in retrospect will be serious mistakes that could have been corrected by having good game awareness and game management skills
I agree here; well worded. My original post bolded the word 'star'. The point here is that in HS ball, whether anyone thinks its good or not, I avoid any star treatment. It's HS. When I ask about fouls, or just pay attention on my own, its for all players and not the best ones. I want all the calls to be obvious, I too look for screens and holds off ball early. I believe the game should have a flow, and some calls early are to set the stage. But any player that is at four fouls will get the same courtesy of my partner's and my attention to make certain the final foul is not a phantom foul. That's it.

The NBA refs can go by whatever philosphy is perscribed by the league. Anyone that thinks we should follow what the NBA does in officiating learning from a different set of rules than I.