View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 02, 2004, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Indy
Hamilton may not have been perfectly vertical, but I saw him as a lot closer than you did. Then again, I am not an Indy guy, so maybe my viewpoint is different Hamilton came out hard then jumped nearly perfectly straight up, and Reggie elected to jump straight into him after Hamilton left his feet. From where I sat, this was a no call in any NBA game unless they wanted to bail the star out.

Offensive players don't have the right to just jump into somebody because they aren't perfectly vertical. That is a terrible misinterpretation of the rules. If what you said was true, then an offensive player could also push off on a defender if they aren't vertical. Lack of verticality is not license to kill for the offensive player, it just means that if the offensive player is doing normal offensive movements, contact is likely to be the fault of the defender.

And Dan, no cone jokes please

Oh, Travelin Man - if what Reggie does was so basic, everybody in the NBA would do it. Reggie works incredibly hard off the ball and comes off screens as well as anybody I have seen. His tremendous skills allow him to get off shots that others cannot, and have been a tremendous boost to Indiana's fortunes. Not MJ, but a damn fine player.