View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 02, 2004, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Didn't see the other thread, but I have to say that I just love the media. Give Shaq his 6th on a questionable call or a touch foul, they will scream that you can't foul him out on that play. Make sure you know he has 5 so you don't screw up and foul him out like that, and you are throwing the game to the stars.

There really is no correct way to ref, if you believe everything you read or hear.

BTW, my preference is that refs know when a player is close to disqualification and they make sure they don't knock him out with an iffy call. The only other sport that has a disqualification like bball is soccer, and most refs wo't give the second yellow unless you ask for it. Go out of your way to get it, they'll give it to you, just like a red card. But the first yellow will come out a lot quicker than the second, because they aren't equivalent. The first can be used to control how a game is played, the second fundamentally alters the game. Same with early foul calls - you may call things tight to control a game.