Thread: Pregame Meeting
View Single Post
Old Mon May 31, 2004, 10:22pm
Do not give a damn!!

My pregames are long too. At the very least, 15 minutes long. But they can go up to about 30 depending on if we have worked together or if we are familiar with each other. But I cover mostly everything on that list (Official's Manual) and then some. Usually I will also cover situations and plays that have happen, mainly to make a point or to see how my partner's and I should handle things. Now if I have worked with someone many times, we will not usually go over the canned things, but the situations and special situations more.

As you become more experienced and have things happen in your games, you will learn to tailor your topics to what works for you and what you feel is important. Also pregames should be interactive, not just one person talking. Because usually the person in charge of the conference will forget very specific points that might need to be covered. You never want to go onto the floor not being sure how to do something. Especially those things that you do not see everyday.

Peace