View Single Post
Old Thu May 27, 2004, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Miller is my least favorite player EVER. He pushes off, grabs, holds, jumps into and kicks his legs into the defender all the time. If games were actually called by the rules, Reggie would have been out of the league a long time ago.
Whoa Nellie! Are you posting as a ref or a fanboy?

I ain't a Pacers fan by any stretch, and Miller does all of this. But that doesn't make him that different from the rest of the league, except he has learned how to hide it and get away with it. Oh, and he is a helluva player. Probably hit more clutch shots than any active player.

Now I would agree that somehow Miller has gotten away with alot over the years. When he got no-called last night, I was glad to see it happen, especially watching the hand gestures from the official indicating that Miller jumped into the defender and not vice-versa. And I commented to my son that I really don't understand how he got away with that leg kick all those years, especially in this age where it is all reviewed post-game on video. You would have thought the no-calls would have started years ago.