View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 25, 2001, 07:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Porter Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Porter
My recollection of that ridiculous declared versus called ruling was, in fact, in error. Gosh, I just can't imagine why I wouldn't have remembered that more specifically. Any ideas anyone?

The main idea of that one point in my post was all about how far someone is willing to go to make their point. I was certainly hoping that you would not take it so far as to bother anyone at the PBUC with such a trivial and ridiculous argument that there is some sort of rules-based difference between a call and a decision. The moment the PBUC was contacted to settle that dispute, it was truly a low point for officials on the Internet. Just my opinion, as Steve is so fond of saying.

As far as the topic at hand, you continue to neglect a single word. Do you have any concept whatsoever of the word "retroactive" and its meaning? Do you have any idea of how this word relates to an umpire who admits, after the fact, that he did see a batter get struck by a pitched ball?

So, my opinion is contrary to yours. So what? That's not a reason to call me a hypocrite, accuse me of looking only at one side, question my motives, and imply that my answer was not honestly my opinion but support for someone else's.

The fact that we disagree is also not a reason to belittle my opinion, tell me that just because I said it doesn't make it true, and appoint yourself spokesperson for the whole board and tell me others shouldn't accept my opinion just because I said it either. I never claimed such a standard. Step back, brother.

And, finally Steve, just because we disagree is not a reason to label something I say as "Regalistic," or befitting a Monarch. That is insulting. It is at the very core of the EWS - an immature little clique of cry-babies whose presence on this board is for no other reason than to disrupt the conduct of business here. I find all of you distasteful and childish.

Grow up for cryin' out loud. The world doesn't revolve around Steve "BFair" Freix (if that is your real name.)

No, Steve, you are definitely overboard. Now, I am too. Just my opinion.