View Single Post
Old Wed May 26, 2004, 08:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BigGref
I'll be the one who starts this discussion, I figured someone would start it soon so I guess I'll take the healm.

Now IMO Madsen is the worst attempted intentitional fouler I have seen in some times. Now in this case I would have to say that none of the contact in question, by itself, warrants a call. Though we also don't want it to escalate, so my question for everyone is Why you think this was called, or why it shouldn't have been called? and what you do in situations like this (an intentitional foul is anticipated but illegal contact is hard to find)
The contact that Danny Crawford ignored was NOT a foul IMHO. It was far less contact that Madsen made on O'Neal during post play. Look at the play where Shaq was called for the offensive foul. Madsen had his arms extended and was pushing into Shaq's lower back and hips. Yet, a foul wasn't called. I agree with Shaq that Madsen should have been called for a foul long before O'Neal turned to the basket.

If Madsen wanted a foul called, he should have wrapped his arms around him and hugged him, as he had done on the previous two intentional fouls.