Thread: Changing Calls
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 24, 2001, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

Question It STILL can't be done ...

Quote:
Originally posted by chris s
David, it is no win here for us "lesser thans". I had posted an after the fact assistance question here awhile back. I was PU,Br avoided a tag by running very clearly outside of the 45 foot line AND he was tagged. BU saw neither. To add, BR overran first and scrambled back safely, which is what BU called. Skipper asked BU for help, he came to me and I told him I got a tag, do with it what you want. He changed call to out and ate it.
The first time I posted it, the only poster who acknowledged the running out of baseline to avoid tag was Moose, all else gave the ol PU got it till the 45, bla-bla.I posted the sit a couple weeks ago and one guy(who attended Evans Florida Classic) stated that I,as PU, should have called it(running out of baseline to avoid tag).NOBODY jumped his ass,or mine. I asked then why is everybody else saying different, no response, from anyone. Maybe they were wrong about PU jumping in on a lane infraction, maybe they like to let thier partner fry, hell I dunno.
I DO, however, believe if gotta ask for help, do it before a call. BUT, I also believe that if a PU is gonna do his job and bust up the first base line, he should do something other than watch his partner fry and pick his butt. Lane violation or swipe tag with runner out of baseline(usually on a off-line throw) who has the best angle for that? THE PU!!!!!! Standing at attention, so to speak. JMHO.....chris
Chris,

I note that you were obviously not satisfied with only Moose agreeing with your position on this play, and the lack of any negative responses at the Florida Classic, and so took this situation to another forum for answers.

Please, do tell us what was the response from apparently the most respected authority in THAT other forum at the moment - Bob Pariseau? Did he agree with the experienced officials here, that it was definitely NOT your call and that you don't have "joint jurisdiction", or did he support you and Moose in "poaching" calls from your BU partner? Don't be bashful, Chris. I'm sure I'm not the ONLY one here who would like to know where Mr Pariseau stands on this burning issue. While you're at it, maybe you'd like to share with the readers here how you feel you ought to decide to "poach" those calls depending upon YOUR personal opinion of the competence of your partner.

If it is truly a "no win here" for "lesser thans" such as yourself, perhaps that's more your problem than a product of any alleged attitude of superiority on anyone else's part.

Cheers,