Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
So you love hypotheticals? Not that there's anything wrong with that. In fact, here in Portland you can even marry one.
You mean it HASn't been suspended, like the paper said it was?
How the heck would I know? It's only in your goofy county.
Yes it was suspended by court order. Now the whole thing gets to go through the appeals process...unless of course our illustrious state legislature steps in - don't hold your breath!

Now we get word that former mayor/governor, etc. Goldschmidt was dipping his wick in a 14 year old when he was mayor back in the late 70's. Interesting spin the newsies put on it - referring to it as an affair. According to Oregon law, it's called rape.
As per numerous letters to the editor Saturday morning. But I think his confession and repentence seem more sincere than a lot of folks we've seen. And all the more as he's retiring, not trying to get people off his back.

Mark -- it wasn't ONLY our county. At least one other in Oregon, and I think there might have also been a city? And the county wasn't Lane, but Benton. Not the first place I think of when I contemplate "liberal." Very interesting.

[Edited by rainmaker on May 8th, 2004 at 09:50 AM]