View Single Post
Old Fri May 07, 2004, 08:03am
Official Forum Member

Rich says, "CZ, how many people have to say it before you believe it? The runner has acquired the base IF NO APPEAL IS MADE. ANY APPEAL MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE NEXT PITCH OR PLAY - See 7.10."

Look, Rich. You asked me on the other board to take the discussion elsewhere, which I very kindly did. I didn't even know that you were on this board. Then you bring the other board to me. Hmmm... where should I go now?

Basically, I was respectful of your past history on another site, and hearing a respected member of that site's community ask me to go elsewhere with my question, I did so. Then that individual finds my post on the site I go to instead and again jumps in to insult me. Makes me wonder why I was respectful in the first place.

There was another option from your standpoint, don't read the thread. Choose to stay out of it. But instead... argh, nm, not worth getting into.

I have found that most people treat people better in person than on a web site discussion board. I hope that is true in your case. Best of luck.

The discussion boils down to the statement "when a runner passes a base he has acquired the base." I will accept that as a common understanding and be done with this.

Respectfully moving on now.