Thread: Not again Joe!
View Single Post
Old Sun May 02, 2004, 11:18pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
One thing that has been burned into me, 2-person or 3-person, is that you ALWAYS have one set of eyes on the players. Surprising in the NBA that they rarely followed this "rule" today, and it ended up biting them in the rear. Both officials were discussing a timing error, completely oblivious to an altercation that happened near the Hornets' bench in the 4th quarter.

Also numerous times during the game, Corbin was reporting to the table while Reichelt was chasing after the ball, and there were no eyes on the players.

I realize that many officials are offended by criticisms of their brethren, but I do agree that it looks tacky that Blane Reichelt wears a belt. However, he may not be the only NBA official that does this, and I'm sure that he has the supervisor's approval.

One thing I did find interesting was that they said he was a 26 year vet who had done only 10 playoff games. People can make their own assumptions with that.
My assumption is that he's good enough to make a living as an NBA official. There may be better, but lesser officials get fired.

--Rich