View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 29, 2004, 09:42pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Hey, we're human...we do occasionally miss a call...much like a coach might forget to try a bunt in a bunt situation or not take the pitcher out of a game when she's given up multiple hits in the late innings of a really good game. Or my favorite, pitching to the girl who already has 2 homerun off your pitcher when you have a two run lead, 2 outs and an open base. But I'll give you one, and even give you coaches response.

0-2 count on batter, runners on second and third, two outs. Pitch comes in at knee on outside corner. I call it a ball. Catcher (who knows me from summer ball) asks where it was...I said it was a strike, didnt' know why I called it a ball. She said, "no big deal, we still have three more pitches." Cool...pitcher throws three straight dirt-balls. Softball gods looking down on us though, as next batter grounds softly back to F1.

Coach asked me why I said I missed it, and I tell him it's the truth. Wants to blame me for giving up six runs in the next inning. It's my fault. Actually told me to say it was low or outside or something besides I made a mistake.

I wanted to ask the coach several questions, like:

1. Why did you pull your outfield in with a two run lead and a power hitter up?

2. Why didn't you stop throwing that high inside pitch when you know I'm not calling it?

3. Why did you not bunt your speedster around when you had a runner on first with no outs (resulted in DP)?

4. Why did you keep the outfielder that dropped 3 balls in the game?

5. Why did you try to straight steal on an All-State Catcher?

6. Why was your runner picked off of first base with two outs?

But I didn't because it wouldn't be profesional! (But I guess for him, blaming me for their loss and throwing the scorebook in the dugout was professional)

[Edited by FUBLUE on Apr 29th, 2004 at 10:52 PM]