Thread: Rule 8-4-1g
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 27, 2004, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scyguy
The box, that was what I was looking for. Now I have a reference to work from. This box you describe, where in Fed rules is it stated? Why is this the generally accepted area?

Remember, I am not trying to "bail out" anyone only trying to understand the proper ruling. Please use FED references.
From the 2004 Fed Interps:

SITUATION 19: B1 bunts and F2 fields the ball in fair territory in front of home plate. B1 is running in foul territory when F2, in fair territory, throws errantly and hits B1 in the back. B1 continues running and touches first base. RULING: The play stands. F2 made an errant throw. Although B1 was not in the running lane, his position did not interfere with F2’s throw. (8-4-1g Exception)

SITUATION 20: As B1 bunts, F2 fields the ball in front of home plate in fair ground. B1 is running in fair ground as he nears first base. F2 realizes he does not have a line of sight to F3 and tries to lob the ball over B1. F3 leaps but cannot catch the ball. RULING: B1 is out for interference. Although F2 made an errant throw, B1 is guilty of interference by being out of the 3-foot running lane. (8-4-1g)