View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 23, 2004, 08:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: Just my two cents.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias

Then you do agree with me, b/c that's all I'm saying. If two players foul a shooter, I might pick the player with fewer fouls if I realize it. That's all I'm saying. We agree on that point.
Not really. Because I do this only in very rare situations. I do not do this to "distribute" fouls or not to call fouls all together. If a star clearly fouls another player, he is getting called for it regardless.

I worked with a very experienced official this past year and he tried to get me to call a foul on a "secondary" player that did not make a foul, when a starter clearly took the arm off the ball handler. He thinks that I should have not called a foul because this player was about to foul out. I did not care what his foul situation was, because if you had the look I had, it was no doubt this starter just grabbed the ball handler. It would have looked bad if I decided not to call a foul on this kid just becasue he had 4 fouls. Now if there was any doubt who fouled first, that is one thing all together. But if it is clear, I really do not care what their foul situation is. And from what I read that is not exactly what you are saying. But I did come in this conversation late and might have missed your explaination. I was responding to a comment JR said on page 2. I did not realize that that was not the last page of this discussion when I posted.

Peace