View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 21, 2004, 04:56pm
Official Forum Member

Arrow

I give them credit for their tone and volume of their voice and body posture. If I can explain the call and continue to watch the play I will, If not the conversation is over. Aggressive body language get's them my version of the "look". If it continues past the "look", tech. If a ball comes to me faster than it should or is purposefully sent down the court in a direction that requires me to chase it, tech. Talking from the bench so I can hear it, tech. I really try to ignore as much as I can but there must be a limit and I have to set it. I believe my self to be fair and impartial. I DON'T care who wins. I have read on here some time ago the statement " See it all, call what matters" I apologize if that is incorrect but that is how I remember it. I prescribe to that style of officiating. That does not mean, "No blood no foul" but it is more like, "Did the player gain an advantage from it?" Consistency at both ends is my primary goal. I hated inconsistency more than anything as a player. I can see from the comment's here I have been enduring the normal stuff you would expect from this level of players. Thanks for the comments and suggestions as they all seem to be constructive.