Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Why not a technical foul as per rule 10-3-3- "A player shall not leave the court for an unauthorized reason....". Isn't it a T under that rule as soon as soon as A4 steps OOB?

Sigh. Stir that pot. . .

Quote:
Discuss amongst yourselves.
The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. Discuss.
Well, Pope Gregory III and Emperor Leo III of the Byzantine Empire were having this little spat over the use of icons in the church, and Gregory was afraid that Leo was gonna come over with his army - since Emperors have armies and Popes don't - and kick Gregory's Papal A$$...so Gregory found these Frankish dudes and crowned their King - Charlemagne - as Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire...which of course made Leo mad since the Byzantine Empire was really the old Eastern Roman Empire that was set-up by Diocletian and then had Constantinople made Roman capital by Constantine, so Leo felt they were the ony true Roman Empire left, and so Leo excommunicated Gregory from his church and Gregory excommunicated Leo from his church, and there you have it...and I would call the violation because that's the rule for dealing with throw-ins...the part in rule 10 (in my humble opinion) deals with situations where the ball is in play...
Well...you read a lot of stupid dexter on the internet, and you occasionally read something worthwhile...this might be the best single post I've ever seen here, at least in the top 10. Well done.

BTW, did they shoot free throws on the double excommunications? Did they continue with the arrow or POI?