View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 02:17am
Official Forum Member

To Whom it May Concern:

After reading a number of posts recently, I have found, who I believe, to be the perfect addition to the writing staff at Officiating.com

His knowledge of umpiring is easily comparable or superior to most of the current writing staff with the obvious exception of Peter Osborne. His experience on the field, his ability to see the big picture and his feel for what is relevant is so similar to the majority of those currently writing, it's, well it's just uncanny.

And, his writing style? Well, just take a look:

"Now in baseball there are not many situations you need to know, but I want to know when to go home."

And then there's this:

"How is keep score for you personal benefit..."

Intriqued? There's more:

"Take this for what it is worth, but it is clear that most umpires (and you can ask others not on this board).

Now, I know what you're thinking. "We can't afford George W. Bush as a writer." True. You can't. But you can afford the next best thing; the author of all these pearls is our very own J.Rutledge, umpire, entrepreneur, and philospher. Fresh from an engagement at McGriffs and just getting warmed up here at Officialforum, I'm sure he'd jump at the chance of joining the collection of columnists you've corraled.

He certainly has my support.

[Edited by GarthB on Apr 19th, 2004 at 04:11 PM]