View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 13, 2004, 08:25pm
Huck Finn

I disagree! Assuming that the coach deserved a T, the coach and everyone else knows what he did for the T. It should not need any further explaination. I will go say "coach you must remain seated for the rest of the game" and then the coach gets to see what my back looks like. I expect the same from my partners and this is always part of my pre-game. There is not reason to console a coach as long as you are giving him a deserved T. Nothing shady, you earned it you got it and everyone knows why. You must remain seated. It has been my experience, in 5 states, that coaches fall under three catagories when T'd: 1. The coach who has lost control and even his own fans think he deserved a T 2. The coach who got excited and got a T. He knows why and he will leave it alone 3. The manipulator. He wants to divide and conquer or at least take up some of your time. You talk to #1 and he will do something for the 2nd T. #2 doesn't want to talk because he knows the deal. You talk to #3 and he got you where he wants you. You just messed up because know he will think you are the weak one and he will be in your ear.

For the record, I will say something to a coach if my partner gives him a T. It will only take about 8 seconds and I will move on. All this applies if the T is credible. If not, we have other problems.
This is my view point. It works for me and I will continue to do things this way. At this point, this will be in my pre-game whether I'm the R or not. If something is done and I think my partner is doing everything except rubbing the coach's back after I T him/her up I will let my partner know about it.
Without seeing any responses, this is something we can agree to disagree on. It is what it is and that is the way it will be.