View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 13, 2004, 12:36pm
Huck Finn

I can see MTD's point on the T although I wouldn't give him one. My question to all: is there ever a time in the game when you say something to a player and expect an answer? If there is not then you should ignore it. If there is then you should not ignore it. For instance, I might want to talk to someone to prevent them from doing something. Although they might not want to answer me, an answer could be just what they need to calm down and or understand that further action will result in something they do not want. In this case, it is game management to prevent something from happening by talking to players. I don't like to do this and be ignored. Some days I will get an answer, some days I will ignore it with the understanding that the next time will be action instead of words. It depends on the situation and the official. However, if an official is ignored and the same thing happens and they don't do anything then shame on that official. That behavior will trickle down to the next game and the player will think they can get away with this behavior every time.