View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 08, 2004, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Schedule C

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I usually pay somebody to do my taxes, but I thought it'd be relatively easy this year, so I'm doing it on my own for the first time in a long time. I'm guessing that most of us who report our officiating fees do so on Schedule C of the 1040. Am I right so far?

If so, what "code" do you enter on line B of Schedule C? That code is supposed to categorize your type of business, and there's about 3 pages of codes to choose from in the instruction booklet. But I can't find anything that I'd consider close to "sports official". Do you just use "999999" (unable to classify)? Or is there an appropriate code there and I'm not seeing it?

Any help?
If I remember correctly, we talked about this a couple of years ago, and most people who read this board used 713900 "Other amusement adn recreation services, (including golf courses, skiing facilities, marinas, fitness centers, bowling centers, skating rinks, miniature golf courses)" or 711210 "Spectator sports (including professional sports clubs & racetrack operations)".

I use 711210. fwiw.