View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kono

Actually they do have a football team. And a brand new stadium. If UCONN sports history repeats itself, it won't be long until they are a major player. Now all we ahve to do is keep other conferences from stealing all our good teams

Fighting Blue Hens??? And Tom is complaining about the Huskies??? That's okay I suppose you could be a Golden Gopher
I know they have a football team. They couldn't compete in the Yankee Conference or th A-10, so they moved up to the money leagues.

And, yes, they did get a new stadium, away from campus and not exclusive to football. The state got pretty much skunked into paying for it. If memory serves me correctly, when UConn said they needed a new stadium, there was some serious resistence in Hartford.

All of a sudden, here comes this very timely rumor that the New England Patriots were considering relocating and Hartford was a candidate. I don't know how much, if any, of that happened, but the funds for the new stadium became readily available.

Amazing how that works, isn't it.