View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 07, 2004, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

Looks like I’ll have agreed with you guys about the enforcement spot on the RTP play. But I don’t agree that it’s the fairest spot as it denies A yardage that they’ve legally gained. I guess I can get some consolation from the fact that the NCAA code agrees with my ruling. I thank both Jim S and Bob M for straitening me out. . Anyway, time to move on. Here are my NF answers for Aprils quiz.

1. A 4/16 A1. The score is A14-B13. A4's punt is caught by B29 on A's 26 after a valid fair catch signal. During the down, B63 blocked A44 in the back on A's 28 and A74 blocked B95 below the waist on A's 22. Time expired in the fourth quarter during the down.
B has a choice of declining A’s foul and having theirs enforced under PSK. Or they can accept creating a double foul replaying the down. One way or the other there’s going to be one un-timed down.
Accept; A 4/16 @ A-1, un-timed
Decline; B1/10 @ A-38, un-timed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

2. A 4/G B48. The score is A28-B28. QB A17's legal forward pass is caught by A82. A82 advances to B's 4 and fumbles. The fumble rolls through B's end zone. B79 roughs the passer. Two seconds remain in the fourth quarter

Accept A 1/G @ B-2 clock on snap
Decline B 1/10 @ B-20 clock on first legal touching

3. A 3/G B3. The score is A28-B28 with nine seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. A8's field goal attempt is blocked. A78 recovers on B's 9 and advances to B's 2 where he is downed. The kick does not cross the neutral zone. Three seconds remain on the clock.

A 4/G @ B-2 clock on the ready

4. A 1/10 B12. The ball is on the left hash. QB A12 on B's 19 and throws the ball beyond the neutral zone to an area where no eligible receivers are located. During A12's scramble, A67 held on B's 15

Multiple foul on Team A
Accept for intentional grounding; A 2/22 @ B-24 clock on snap
Accept for holding; A 1/27 @ B-29 clock on snap
Decline; A 2/17 @ B-19 clock on snap
(These options will only take 20 minutes to figure out and another 20 to explain and 20 more for B to make his decision)

5. A 2/4 B8. QB A18 hands off to A44 on B's 13. A44 runs to B's 6 near the sideline where B55 hits him causing the ball to come loose. B38 then deflects the bouncing ball and B12 controls the ball while touching the end line.

Assuming the deflection was a legal muff, TB B 1/10 @ B-20 clock on snap

6. A 3/12 B18. A16's legal forward pass is airborne when B34 grabs A88's jersey on B's 13, thus limiting A88's ability to jump for the pass.

DPI Accept; A 1/G @ B-9 clock on snap

7. A TRY B3. The snap is high after which A4 places and holds the ball for a place kick for A6 who is in position to kick the ball. B96 bats the ball from A4's hand, recovers and advances across A's goal line.

B scores 2 points in the State of Oregon only. Otherwise ball is dead when recovered by B
BTW... If this happens and I’m the WH I’m blowing it dead as soon as B recovers and taking an IW cause I aint running 90 dam yards to cover.

8. A 4/12 A18. A8's punt is caught on B's 47 by B21 who advances to A's 46 and fumbles. A94 recovers on A's 48 while grounded. Team A had six players on the line at the snap. B41 blocked A83 in the back on A's 44 during the punt.

Because B wasn’t in possession of the ball at the end of the down, no PSK.
Double foul, Replay the down. Clock on the ready