View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James Neil
Well guys it’s time again for UE monthly quiz. I can’t believe it’s April already. My how time flies when you’re having fun.

2. A 4/G B48. The score is A28-B28. QB A17's legal forward pass is caught by A82. A82 advances to B's 4 and fumbles. The fumble rolls through B's end zone. B79 roughs the passer. Two seconds remain in the fourth quarter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
OK. Let's give #2 a try from NFHS and NCAA codes.

Under both codes, results of the play is a touchback for B (under both codes) so Team A is going to accept the penalty for the foul.

NF: Enforcement of the RTP will be from the B-4 because that is the end of the run and there wasn't a change of possession during the down. 1/10 for Team A from B-2. Clock starts on the snap.

NCAA: Enforcement of the roughing will also be from the B-4. 1/10 for Team A from the B-2. My question is in regards to the clock. Clock starts on the RFP because ball was fumbled and became dead in advance of the spot of the fumble???? If so, then Team A must get the next play off before time expires or the period will end. Is this correct? I am just starting to dig into the NCAA rulebook.