View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 05, 2004, 10:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BushRef
Apparently no one that posts here actually watched the contest.

She did not win simply cause she was a girl.

She won because there were 4 finalists, and each finalist was supposed to make 3 dunks. You were allowed 1 miss on each attempt. She was the only one of the 4 finalists to MAKE all 3 of hers. All the guys missed at least one which meant that they scored a big ZERO on 1 of their 3. I think you could get a max of 80 per dunk. And she went FIRST in the finals. If ANY of the dudes had made all 3, they surely would have won. The last guy to go made his first 2, then had 2 chances to really throw down ANYTHING and claim victory. He missed twice. He lost. She won.

I agree that the men did miss their dunks. All of Parker's dunks deserved no more than a 1, except the last one which might have gotten a 3 or so. Anyone in their right mind who watched the competiton would agree that a dunk by Ms. Parker would be given more points than a man who did the exact same dunk. Lets add this up now.

Parker - 3 dunks made. Scores 1, 1, 3. Total 5 points. Mutiply by 8 judges equals 40 points.

Any of the Men. Make one halfway decent dunk and miss the other two. Scores 0, 0, 6. Mutiply by 8 judges equals 48 points.

Something seems wrong here.

But I ask you why was she in the contest? Ummmm... It was obviously because of her awesome dunking skills....I know it was because she was a woman. I'm not saying this is a bad thing though. I did enjoy watching her dunk, it is not something you see every day. But please, do not tell me she should have won the contest. She should have never made it past the first round.