View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 05, 2004, 12:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

No I do not.

Quote:
Originally posted by icallfouls
I am in the office listening to Rome and he has John Fienstein on. The comments on the officiating are that the officials were not up to the game. The coaches were influencing calls, how inconsistent the calls were.

Yes I know these guys are just talking heads, but the reality to me is, it is not very often that officiating makes it into the national spotlight unless it is something very obvious.
Yeah, let us take the advice of two of the biggest jokes on radio and in the media. Jim Rome that cannot keep a show at the time he orginally put it at. And John Fienstein who thinks there is a scandal around every corner in all sports. Fienstein has written more books accusing of couruption in a sport that that is what he does. Officials do not go be what the media thinks to makes its decisions. Because when there are bad officiated games, there is action taken and the media never reports it. So I will always take the media for what it is worth. But then again, remember that when the media says something about your games as well. If they complain, they have to be right.

Peace