View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 05, 2004, 07:46am
Official Forum Member

Any one of us "sitting" at home and watching tv should realize a couple things.

1: how many times have we talked about howler monkeys, fans or anyone else not having the same angle on a play as we do on the floor...well guess what it works that way from the couch too..Those guys on the floor have the best look at the play.. From the replays I saw of Reddick going to the lane, I can see nothing that says there should or shouldn't have been a foul. There wasn't a whistle so evidently no foul.

2:how many times have we talked about howler monkeys, fans or anyone else not having put in the time and effort it takes to be an official. Well here we go again, it is the same thing from the couch. Those guys working the final four certainly didn't go to footlocker and buy a shirt and some slacks from JCPenny on the afternoon of the game, and show up and get chosen from a random lottery. They made it due to hard work, and an evaluation process that occurs throughout the tourney....

I guess what I am trying to say is they certainly deserve the benefit of any doubt that anyone has. They most certainly should never have their integrity challenged. I for one thought that the game was pretty well officiated. Everyone is giving Hall a bad time about the way he was moving on the court...I see him alot out here, he does that a lot of the time and evidently the powers that be like the way it works for him.