View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 01, 2004, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

Or were they checking to see if the official's arm went up before the horn sounded? Since we are talking about signals here, then there must be a time lag between the time the whistle is blown and the time the clock actually stops ... miniscule perhaps, but still a lag. Does the equipment adjust for the lag, or is it up to the officiating crew (table people included) to make that adjustment?

In any case, the NCAA is going to review the whole thing when they have their meeting in New Orleans this weekend. And I assume that they will publish an explanation. Sure hope so!

I still think that it was a good call, however unfortunate and nerve-racking it may have been to all of us who were having fun watching David stick it to Goliath. Kind of reminds me of the movie where Billy Crystal makes a call in the final seconds of an NBA game and the home crowd is ready to lynch him. The fan boards are buzzing with all kinds of crazy stuff. My favorite one is : 'ESPN will do anything to make sure that they have a UConn/Tennessee matchup in the final game.'