View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 31, 2004, 06:37pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by mnref14
I thought she took the charge in the chest without leaning. Yes, reaching is a foul in Minnesota. Like if you reach for someone's beer -- you'll get called everytime. You're loyalty to all officials is admirable.

In this case, it's not a matter at all of me being loyal to officials. That's got nothing to do with it. It's got nothing to do with you as an official, either. It's basically just a matter of me personally not caring at any time what fans think. And if they're Minnesota fans or Duke fans,hey, who really cares? If other officials, including you, want to honestly come here and critique officials, that's fine with me. I'll do that myself. If the knowledgeable coaches that post here want to do the same thing, that's fine with me too. They've earned our respect with their rules knowledge and understanding of the game. Fans, however, do not have the necessary knowledge to give an honest critique of officials. The only critique they ever seem to give is "the officials were bad", whateverthehell that means. All they really want is the officials to give them their fair share of the calls, which usually works out to about 80% in their minds.

All your post basically said to me was that Minnesota fans thought the refereeing was bad. All my post basically said to you was "who cares what the Minnesota fans think?"