Thread: An ugly mess
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 04:30pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mlancaster

B2 intentionally fouls A2 while setting a screen. R makes the call.
B2 walks away, and, as he does so, mouths off to A3. R calls an unsportsman-like "T".
A2 then runs across the court and shoves B2 in the back. U calls a flagrant "T".
A6 then comes onto the court from the bench to add a little spice. R calls this "T". (since there was no fight, this was not deemed "flagrant")

Here is how we broke down the administration:

1) None of these fouls were simultaneous, and all of the "T's" were during the same dead ball period, hence the "false multiple foul" identity. (excluding the first intentional foul);
2) Because of this, we assessed each foul with it's own penalty in order of occurance (2 shots for the intentional then 2 shots for each of the 3 technicals);
3) Put the ball back in play via alternating possession.

Does this sound correct to you??

I honestly don't know what you'd call this. False multiple foul hardly does it justice.

Jmo, but I'd call B2's T and A2's flagrant T a double technical foul. I'd also give A6 a flagrant T for coming onto the court during this altercation. Jmo, but it's close enough to a fight, and I think that you want to discourage anybody coming off the bench. That's how major brawls get started. Therefore administration is:
- 2 FT's for A2's replacement for the original intentional foul on A2 by B2.
- A T on B2 accompanied by the flagrant T by A2. Same incident. A2 is ejected for the flagrant T. No FT's for the double technical foul.
- Team B gets 2 FT's for the flagrant T on A6 coming off the bench. A6 is ejected. The A head coach is charged with an indirect T and seat-belted for not having control of his bench. After the last FT, team B gets the ball at center for A6's T. Arrow doesn't change.
- Both teams get charged with 2 fouls each toward the bonus.
Sounds like you did a good job in a tough situation.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Mar 30th, 2004 at 03:34 PM]