View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 04:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: The life of a Red Sox fan.

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
So if I die tommorrow, I will have seen more Championships from my teams than you have seen World Series games from the BoSox.
Cardinals, Cubs, Tigers, Twins, White Sox ..., sure Rut!!!!
...You pick enough teams, there's a chance o' that happenin'.
mick
I am a Tigers fan because I was born in Michigan and love all Michigan teams in the sports I follow. The reason I love the University of Michigan (family members went there and I was born in Ann Arbor while my Mom was working on her Ph.D), Redwings and Pistons and sadly a Lions fan (comeback Barry).

I am a Cardinals fan, because when I was a kid Ozzie Smith was my hero and I heard many of his games and where I grew up in Illinois is more Cardinal Country than any other team. Also one of the reasons many are Rams fans and they train in the town I grew up in.

I hate the Cubs with a passion. I constantly wear Cardinal hats and gear around the many Cub fans I run into where I live just to tick them off. My hatred also goes along with the Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks and cannot stand University of Illinois in anything. The only teams and players I cheer for are the ones that come from Illinois, but it never hurts me to see them lose.

The White Sox I am not a fan of, but used to work on the South Side of Chicago. I do cheer for them when they play the Cubs. And you have to pick sides when you live in Chicago. Half our Basketball Meetings are constant shots at fellow officials about the Cubs and the Sox fans. But I cheer for any team that plays the Cubs.

The Twins took away my Cardinals chances from winning the World Series, I cannot stand the Twins!!!

Peace