View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Also.. boy this play is making me think.

It is taught... and I assume practiced by many of the big time officials. TO see the whole play.. let it develop.. and see the end of it.

From an officiating mechanics standpoint.. shouldn't the call have come after the clock expired. Cuz he would have seen the whole play through.. and the whistle would have come after the clock ??

IF we are putting time back on clock... because the foul happened "at that instant" then I contend that we should do that the ENTIRE game. BECAUSE.. as has been so stated throughout this thread.. a foul is the same at the 10 minute mark as it is at .2. IF SO.. then why are we putting time back on the clock for THIS particuliar foul ?????????

I'm not saying this literally.. just an idea to think about when you talk about treating situations similiarly throughout the game. They did NOT treat it similiarly.

I do think it was a very very tough play... and possibly a quick whistle resulted in a suspect result. Officiating is all "Grey area" in my opinion. It is not black and white. We are talking instantaneous decisions, with tenth's of seconds. Of course it was tough.. I guess that is how you determine who officiates the REAL BIG GAMES. How you handle these situations of the course of a career.